Commodities/Energy Credit Research Vice President at Morgan Stanley in New York City
Job Description: Commodities/Energy Credit Research Vice President
Job Number: 132768
Primary Location: Americas-United States of America-New York-New York
Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Level: Vice President
Vice President, counterparty Credit research coordinator within the credit team that oversees commodities sales and trading and energy asset backed or project finance lending. The position is as part of the North American commodities credit team within the firm’s global Credit Risk Management department. It is based in New York City with oversight of dedicated credit research professionals in Budapest, Hungary. There is flexibility to move the primary location to the trading floor in Purchase, NY if preferred.
Relevant credit experience includes counterparty and sector analysis of companies in the oil and gas producer, refining, independent power (including solar, wind and other renewables) [emphasis added], electric coop/municipal, and utility sectors, as well as experience underwriting energy specialized lending structures, including reserve based lending, project finance, and volumetric production payments.
- Head of Research: Oversee the analyst/associate team responsible for fundamental credit research, maintenance of internal credit ratings, underwriting standards analysis, and monitoring of derivative and specialized energy loan portfolios.
- Transaction Counterparty Research: Lead counterparty analysis for complex structured derivative and project finance or asset backed loan transactions.
- Portfolio Monitoring: Maintain watch list, perform sector analysis of counterparty risk and correlation. Maintain comparable company analysis for Morgan Stanley counterparties.
- Return on Capital: Oversee regulatory capital for complex structured transactions, determine capital optimization opportunities, manage capital enhancement projects, and work with the trading desks to implement enhanced return on capital measurements.
Minimum five years fundamental credit research experience focused on the energy sectors
Strong interpersonal and demonstrated management skills. Flexibility to work in a team oriented environment across multiple functional areas simultaneously.
- Posted by: Staff writer
- Company: Morgan Stanley
- Location: Anywhere
- Country: US - US-Manhattan - US-New York - US-New York City
- Job type: Full-Time
- Salary: Competitive
- Job category: Cleantech - Renewables - Solar - Wind
- Tags: bridge job - climate mitigation - financially rewarding job - green finance - investment banking - job that scales cleantech solutions