Junior/Mid-Level – Infrastructure/PPP Associate including focus on renewables (solar, wind, biomass, waste-to-energy) in New York City
Note from your friends at Green Economy Group regarding this opportunity
At the end of this job posting (see below), it states: “work likely to focus on transportation (roads, light rail), social infrastructure (schools, court houses), renewables (solar, wind, biomass, waste-to-energy)” [emphasis added]. In other words, you are not guaranteed to work on renewables, but it is a likely outcome. This is therefore a “bridge opportunity” for someone who is not currently in the cleantech space who wants to move into the green economy space.
About the company
We are an executive search firm and our client is an international law firm.
As a Junior to Mid-Level Associate with another major law firm you will be required to focus on the growth of private finance in public infrastructure in the US market and the use of P3 procurement techniques. The aim is to build upon the firm’s market leading work in these areas in the UK, Europe (including Ireland, Italy, Spain, France, Germany and Sweden), Middle East and Australia.
You will be required to manage deals from start to close and have extensive transport infrastructure experience working directly with developers and financial institutions globally.
You will have particular strength in the areas of concession and sub-contracting documentation; and in managing the procurement process.
Who we are looking for
You will possess the following:
- US Qualified;
- Junior to Mid-level Associate;
- Deal experience in the P3 (Public Private Partnerships) market preferable; broader project finance experience would be acceptable, corporate M&A experience welcomed;
- Training at top international or US law firm;
- Future promotion prospects for the right candidate in due course;
- Spanish language skills desirable but not essential.
You will have the ability to:
- work on complex matters with partner supervision;
- handle complex drafting requirements with partner involvement;
- communicate with client teams, demonstrating a strong understanding of the client’s business and aspirations for each matter;
- help identify and take forward new business opportunities;
- work likely to focus on transportation (roads, light rail), social infrastructure (schools, court houses), renewables (solar, wind, biomass, waste-to-energy).
What’s on offer
- Compensation: permanent opportunity with a compensation of US$170,000 to US$250,000
- Location: New York, NY
- Mentoring opportunity with a leading P3 Partner and chance to build a global practice.
How to ApplyPlease apply online by following the link below.
- Posted by: Staff writer
- Location: New York, New York, United States
- Country: US - US-Manhattan - US-New York - US-New York City
- Job type: Full-Time
- Salary: 100,000 - 149,999
- Job category: Biomass - Cleantech - Featured - Renewables - Solar - Waste-to-energy - Wind
- Tags: bridge opportunity - climate mitigation - executive search job - financially rewarding job - green finance - green legal job - JD - job that scales cleantech solutions - M&A experience - Public Private Partnerships (PPPs) - Spanish language skills - top 10 green economy jobs worldwide