Marine and Logistics Manager at Sheringham Shoal offshore wind farm operated from Egmere, North Norfolk (Statkraft)
The 317MW Sheringham Shoal Offshore Wind Farm, located between 17 and 23 kilometres off the coast of North Norfolk in the UK, comprises 88 wind turbines and will generate around 1.1TWh of green energy per annum. This is enough clean energy to power almost 220,000 British homes. Compared to fossil fuels that is a reduction of around 500,000 tonnes of CO² emissions every year.
To strengthen our team we are now looking for a Marine and Logistics Manager for our wind farm Sheringham Shoal. The role will be heading a team of 7 well qualified team members and report to the VP Power Plant Group Sheringham Shoal.
- Planning, coordinating and supervising activities related to personnel and parts transfer by vessels and vehicles
- Leading and supporting procurement of required services
- Ensuring the efficiency and safety of the marine and logistics chain is constantly improved and optimised
- Lead or support a variety of marine operations on site
- Staffing of the Marine Control Centre and Warehouse and ensure the staff are developed, well training and cared for
- Optimising stock and marine strategies
- Owning and developing marine, logistics and warehouse management processes and updating governing documentation including risk assessments
- Ensuring safety is the guiding factor in the planning and execution of all tasks, and championing HSE processes and initiatives
- Skills, knowledge and experience from marine operations (e.g. maritime experience on board a vessel or coordinating vessels from shore)
- Emergency response experience is desirable
- Management and development of teams and individuals
- Experience of Supply Chain Management processes and managing a warehouse environment,
- Able to make clear and fact-based decisions under pressure and to meet deadlines
- Good command of the English language, both oral and written
- IT literate, Microsoft Office skills are essential and SAP experience is desired
- Professional and personal development in a company experiencing growth
- A positive working environment characterized by competence, responsibility and innovation
- A diverse workplace with regard to gender, age and cultural background
- Competitive terms of employment and benefit schemes
Statkraft is a leading company in hydropower internationally and Europe’s largest generator of renewable energy. The Group produces hydropower, wind power, gas-fired power and district heating and is a global player in energy market operations. Statkraft has 3600 employees in more than 20 countries.