Portfolio Strategy Leader at GE Power & Water in New York City
GE Power & Water provides customers with a broad array of power generation, energy delivery and water process technologies to solve their challenges locally. Power & Water works in all areas of the energy industry including renewable resources such as wind and solar; biogas and alternative fuels; and coal, oil, natural gas and nuclear energy. The business also develops advanced technologies to help solve the world’s most complex challenges related to water availability and quality. Numerous products are qualified under ecomagination, GE’s commitment to providing innovative solutions that maximize resources, drive efficiencies and help make the world work better. Headquartered in Schenectady, N.Y., Power & Water is GE’s largest industrial business. Follow GE Power & Water on Twitter @GE_PowerWater.
Job Number: 1733767
Business: GE Power & Water
Business Segment: Power & Water
About Us: GE works on things that matter. The best people and the best technologies taking on the toughest challenges. Finding solutions in energy, health and home, transportation and finance. Building, powering, moving and curing the world. Not just imagining. Doing. GE works.
Posted Position Title: Portfolio Strategy Leader
Career Level: Experienced
Function: Business Development
Function Segment: Business Development
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available: New York City, New York, Postal Code 10017-1216
Relocation Expenses: Yes
Role Summary/Purpose: GE is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation.
Lead a team dedicated to creation and operation of strategic portfolio management framework and operating process for the P&W business. The portfolio management process will be an important analytical framework for the CEO, CFO, CMO and staff to guide key strategic decisions around allocation of resources for acquisitions, divestitures and investments. Through deep understanding of strategy and trajectory of key peers the team will provide insights and benchmarking across relevant sectors.
In addition, you will:
- Work closely with Finance and Marketing to assist in setting financial and growth criteria and benchmark P&W businesses at a granular level (Tier 4)
- Maintain ongoing benchmarking analysis of peers focused on organic and in-organic strategy, financial returns, completed acquisitions, JV’s, and divestitures where appropriate and investor sentiment and valuation
- Conduct rigorous and systematic assessment of current and future performance of P&W businesses and relevant industries
- Assist in the process of identifying divestment candidates and driving disciplined exits from dilutive operations
- Explore relevant adjacent industries, technologies and white space for redeployment of investments
- Oversee Portfolio Management operating rhythm culminating inputs for Operating Plan
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Minimum of 8 additional years of experience in areas such as Consulting, Strategic Planning, Portfolio
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
- GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
- Analysis, Risk Management, preferably related to energy
- Experience of project management, including the management of project teams
- Post-graduate qualification in a relevant discipline
- Rigorous analytical skills and demonstrated strategic thinking
- Ability to be highly collaborative across the business and communicate effectively with colleagues and executive leadership, both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and take a general vision and convert into a tangible work product
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Passion and energy to drive change
- Established analytical and project management ability
Why join one great company when you can join many? At GE, we’re passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. We’re diverse, supporting our communities in more than 100 countries. Experience personal growth and competency development as part of the GE team.
PLEASE NOTE: New York, NY is the preferred location, however other U.S. locations may be considered.
- Posted by: Staff writer
- Company: GE Power & Water
- Location: Anywhere
- Country: US - US-Manhattan - US-New York - US-New York City
- Job type: Full-Time
- Salary: Competitive
- Job category: Biofuels - Biomass - Cleantech - Featured - Renewables - Solar - Water technologies - Wind
- Tags: climate mitigation - financially rewarding job - GE - GE Power & Water - green finance - job that scales cleantech solutions - top 10 green economy jobs worldwide