Regional Operations Manager – Vivint Solar – Sacramento, CA
Vivint Solar Regional Operations Manager
Vivint Solar is seeking a Regional Operations Manager in and around the Sacramento, CA area. We are looking for problem solvers, self-motivators and action oriented thinkers. We are changing the way the world produces power and are looking for a Regional Operations Manager that is ready to jump in and help our fast growing business grow even faster.
The Regional Operations Manager oversees daily functioning of operations within a geographic region. The job requires leadership, troubleshooting skills and excellent communication.
- Provide leadership for those reporting to him/her by clearly communicating the mission, goals and values of Vivint Solar
- Implement strategies from the company and determines methods for Operations Managers to accomplish them
- Maintain the budget over his/her area and ensures all offices are fiscally responsible for their budgets
- Routinely meet with direct reports to assess the progress of the business, creating action plans for resolving issues
- Review the performance of those reporting to him/her. Provide coaching, technical training, etc. to help his/her managers improve their performance
- Recruiting: Ability to heavily recruit talent of all levels
- Travel to markets on a regular basis (assisting in the field)
- Troubleshoot technical issues in person or over the phone
- Perform weekly/monthly safety & quality control inspections
- Attentive to emails and phone calls
- Identify the skillset of leaders and assist in progressing
- Must be competent and knowledgeable in operations policies and procedures.
- Must be willing to work in excess of 40 hours per week and on some Saturdays. Willingness to travel will also be required.
- Must be highly motivated with good communication skills and capable of leadership by example.
- Ability to effectively & respectfully work within a team
- Ability to demonstrate required computer skills (i.e. MS Excel/Word/Outlook, web browsing, etc.)
- Experience with project management and construction experience required (5+ years)
- Bachelor degree in Construction Management or similar degree. Experience in lieu of degree will be considered
- Management experience over multiple managers/teams
- Photovoltaic/Solar background/experience preferred
- Significant Electrician experience preferred
- 30 Hour OSHA- Supervisor Safety course certification (course provided upon employment)
- Prefer experience in the engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) industry and/or working on both commercial and residential construction or solar industry
Job LocationSacramento, California, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular