Sector Knowledge Leader – CleanTech – at Ernst & Young in New York City
Sector Knowledge Leader – CleanTech – NEW008WP
Leads the execution of strategic knowledge initiatives for a given sector community. Works strategically with the firm’s sector leadership to enable the sector’s business vision/strategy from a knowledge perspective, optimizing the full capabilities of the EY Knowledge organization. Responsible and accountable for driving implementation/deployment strategies of the sector knowledge plan aligned with global sector priorities.
Drives the account enablement knowledge strategy within the sector community. Takes a commercial approach to pro-actively bring new ideas and link knowledge to business opportunities. Leads and connects Account Knowledge Executives (AKEs), Analysts and other sector-aligned Knowledge personnel, supporting two-way relationships between accounts and Global Sector Center leadership team, driving consistent knowledge sharing and activities supporting the sector, including issue resolution. This is a key leadership role in driving the knowledge culture of EY and will be expected to model leading knowledge behaviors and activities within their community.
This role resides within the EY Knowledge CleanTech team.
Essential Functions of the Job:
(1) Market Leadership & Growth
- Pro-actively engages sector leadership with unique viewpoints and leading perspectives; participates in key strategic planning activities, identifying knowledge opportunities and priorities.
- Demonstrates strong understanding of trends, emerging markets/companies, EY competitive position, differentiators and go-to-market strategies to help EY win in the market place
- Determines knowledge needs of the sector by liaising with sector leadership and develops the knowledge, account enablement and content strategy for the community consistent with global objectives
- Takes a commercial approach, with an ability to critique a view and pro-actively link knowledge to business opportunities
- Leads and manages global team resources to execute on strategic and tactical knowledge priorities
- Works pro-actively with senior executives, sector leadership and account leaders to identify issues/hot topics/trends in an account or community that can be shared and developed into new knowledge approaches/service offerings that can benefit a broader audience
- Pro-actively brings insights and innovative approaches to pursuit and engagement teams
- Plays a key role in the development and implementation of the Sector’s focus account approach; contributes ideas to network call agendas
- Holds a “seat at the table” delivering high value input to Sector Center strategy, business planning discussions. Perceived as adviser and core member of the Sector Centre team and critical to success
- Aligns teams to select competencies (minors) and encourages [expects] them to be responsible for best practice, and two-way knowledge sharing in their minors consistent with one-firm go-to-market approach.
(2) Operational excellence
- Represents EY Knowledge as an embedded team member within the global sector center
- Develops/maintains networking contacts with Knowledge peers for service lines and markets to facilitate appropriate connections and hand-offs with accounts, pursuits and industry leadership
- Enables speed-to-market and reduces duplicative efforts through implementing knowledge sharing process and efficiencies. Facilitates the identification, capture, sharing and re-use of tacit knowledge, client deliverables and other outputs, learning materials and insights
- Designs and validates the knowledge plan, which encompasses the full EY Knowledge service offering, with global sector center leadership; sets priorities and is responsible for implementing, integrating, measuring, communicating and reporting to sector leadership as appropriate
- Pro-actively identifies knowledge needs and priorities within the sector, evolving knowledge support to ensure connectivity to the appropriate tools and enablers
- Actively facilitates people connections based on project, account and sector needs; ensures relationship development occurs throughout the knowledge team supporting the sector
- Facilitates knowledge support in the development and dissemination of critical sector insights and thought leadership for use in client interactions and other go-to-market activities
- Develops the knowledge budget for the Sector, building the knowledge team to serve the community, leveraging shared resources Takes the lead in forecasting budget issues and recommending appropriate responses.
- Assesses progress and impact of account knowledge program implementation; develops recommendations about how to improve implementation over time
- Develops and promotes significant initiatives to address EY priorities (e.g. global integration, service consistency, cost efficiencies) and extends leading practices across business units.
- Accountable for Sector knowledge team activities and value delivered.
- Identifies and addresses the need for resources from one or more EY Knowledge competencies to serve a community and ensures this need is met. Identifies gaps in the team’s knowledge, initiates strategies to fill them, and keep teams abreast of new methodologies, tools, and technologies, providing suggestions for their application, including assigning specific team members to “minors” to build depth. Leads project teams combining members of multiple EY Knowledge competencies to serve the community consistently
- Demonstrates strong leadership, directing projects and teams in the execution of high quality deliverables and outcomes. Leads the development and coaching of the sector-aligned AKE community and others in Knowledge aligned to support the sector. May counsel or manage others including AKEs.
- Facilitates AKE introductions to GCSPs to discuss the account enablement program and account expectations.
- Builds consultative, collaborative relationships. Acts as a visible role model for our people – influencing behavior.
- Takes responsibility for making, communication and implementing difficult decisions.
- Viewed as a leadership member of the Center team, including direct responsibility for managing/owning key sector programs
- Identifies opportunities for learning and innovation within the sector and across the knowledge sector team
Analytical/Decision Making Responsibilities:
- Aligns resources in a way that enables them to deliver the maximum value to the business, ensuring that objectives are achieved and knowledge plans are implemented effectively
- Works ongoing with the Sector Markets Leader and the Sector & Accounts Operations Leader to identify and validate which accounts require AKE support
- Manages sector-aligned Account Knowledge Executives and coordinates with Analysts in the sector, including for people processes and issue resolution
- Leads teams through complex, cross-border, cross-industry and cross-service line projects
- Advanced degree in a related discipline, or equivalent work experience
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
- Possesses a full understanding of all EY Knowledge services, and a robust understanding of the firm’s service offerings, and the ability to articulate the value they can bring to the business
- Has a strong understanding engineering, cleantech and renewable energy industries and the latest hot topics
- Able to engage in issues-based discussions
- Builds and maintains strong, trust-based and credible relationships with key leadership. Uses these relationships to focus on developing world-class knowledge management practices that meet business needs
- Demonstrates strong leadership, management and relationship skills, including delegating, coaching and defining expectations; embracing and leading change and motivating others
- Confidence to present knowledge topics in a clear, comprehensive and compelling manner to internal and external audiences
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced skills in Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Lotus Notes
- Professional, confident, credible and enthusiastic team player
- Experience leading a team of geographically dispersed professionals strongly preferred
- Experience with knowledge management tools and techniques
- Professional service industry experience or client serving experience
- Domestic and international travel may be required
- Expected to work outside of core hours to deliver projects as necessary
- An advanced degree in a related discipline, or equivalent work experience
- Approximately 10+ years of professional experience with a minimum of 5 years management experience
- Posted by: Staff writer
- Company: Ernst & Young
- Location: New York, New York, United States
- Country: US-Manhattan - US-New York - US-New York City
- Job type: Full-Time
- Salary: Competitive
- Job category: Biofuels - Biomass - Cleantech - Featured - Renewables - Smart grid - Solar - Waste-to-energy - Wind
- Tags: climate mitigation - Ernst & Young - financially rewarding job - green finance - job that scales cleantech solutions - Sector knowledge leader - top 10 green economy jobs worldwide